BACHELOR OF PHARMACY
|Name of course||Duration||Approved by||Sanctioned intake|
|B. Pharmacy||4 years||DTE, PCI, BATU.||100|
Like engineering course, this course is a four years degree course run by the various universities in India. Student become eligible to this course after completing HSC where they qualify Physics, Chemistry, Biology and/or Mathematics subjects with approximately 50% marks. This course is regulated by UGc approved University, Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), a state authority, and Pharmacy Council of India through its State Pharmacy Council. Every year, state government through DTE conduct online admission process for admission to B. Pharm course.
After completing this course, a graduate get very wide spectrum of opportunities in pharmaceutical industries, pharmaceutical marketing, IT industries, chemical industries, hospitals and sales. Pharmacy graduate can choose carrier in research, production, analysis, quality control, packaging, marketing, sales, education and regulatory affairs. Person may become drug inspector, food inspector, pharmacy officer initially and may acquire high position in FDA later in government sector.
In resent time, new fields have emerged in pharmacy, like pharmacovigilance, medical writing, bio-pharmaceuticals, neutralceuticals, novel drug research, bio-analysis, pharmacy practice, clinical pharmacy, clinical trials, bioinformatics etc. With this wide spectra of opportunities it is quite possible for every graduate to get sufficient to struggle and achieve good positions.
We hope you will not miss to join this novel profession!
First Year (B.Pharm)
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biology and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45 % marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging only to Maharashtra State) in the above subjects taken together.
- Obtained Score in MHT-CET / NEET- 2020-21.
Direct Second Year (B.Pharm)
- The Candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed Diploma Course in Pharmacy with at least 45 % marks (at least 40 % marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with disability belonging to Maharashtra State only)from an All India Council for Technical Education or Pharmacy Council of India or Central or State Government approved Institution or its equivalent.
- Any other criterion declared by appropriate authority from time to time.
Admission Procedure :
- The students will be admitted through Common Admission Process (CAP), as well as at Institute level on the basis of MHT-CET / NEET – 2021 score.
- Documents required for Admission
- SSC (Std X) Mark Sheet
- HSC (Std XII) Mark Sheet
- HSC School Leaving Certificate
- Indian Nationality Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Gap Certificate (if Applicable)
- Migration Certificate (for OMS)
- Cast validity, Cast certificate, Non creamy layer certificate (for Category candidates)
Fees: As fixed by Fees Regulating Authority of Government of Maharashtra for the academic year 2020-21.